998 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10025
Alexander Hamilton is on everyone’s minds. The Hamilton on Amsterdam is a Whisky Bar with a great, founding father/new age vibe. They have an amazing selection of whisky from all over the world and the bar tenders have encyclopedic knowledge that will take you to unexpected (whisky) places.
Their printed House Rules (constitution worthy) are one for the books and nails the ambience:
1. There is no such thing as a best whisky, the best whisky is the one you love the most. Your job is to hunt this whisky down
2. Five percent off for Tinder dates, you need to prove it by showing us your initial awkward messages
3. No credit card minimum, but if you keep swiping your card all night you are wasting paper, killing trees and in the long run killing all of humanity you selfish bastard. Start a Tab!
4. Do not ask for free drinks, heavy pours or “shots for your friends birthday”, it’s beneath you
5. Gentlemen, this is a lady friendly bar, if it’s clear that they are not interested in you then stop talking to them. Obviously this rule does not apply to me!